Monday, June 17, 2013

SCBWI-NJ 2013 Summer Conference (Part Three)

All work and no play makes for a dull conference.  Part of the fun is meeting new writers from near and far, catching up with friends you haven't seen in a long time, and (so I hear) karaoke night!

I learned about the about the karaoke party too late (watch out next year, though), but I was warmly welcomed by a friendly critique group from Connecticut who meet monthly to discuss their picture book projects. I was introduced to the group by Susan Montanari, who is a fellow coop-mate with Hen & Ink Literary Studio.  




...Susan and me



And here is most of the CT picture book critique group (there are 4 or 5 others who are absent):

They look dignified but they are really wild and crazy women.
       
 

Next year I'll get karaoke photos...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment