Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some of my recent favorite books

Without going too far into the past--and I may write more on some of these books at a later time:
DELIRIUM - Lauren Oliver  -- and -- BEFORE I FALL - Lauren Oliver
    (two of the best books I've read; get them!)
REVOLUTION - Jennifer Donnelly
     (I don't know why this book hasn't won a slew of awards)
LIFE AS WE KNEW IT - Suzanne Beth Pfeffer
     (I still have to read the 2nd and 3rd books in this trilogy, but this book was amazing)
THE ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A PART-TIME INDIAN - Sherman Alexie
     (Just so you don't think I'm stuck on achingly serious girl stories)
GOING BOVINE - Libba Bray
     (Wow...out there and wacky but deep)
Laurie Halse Anderson - starting with SPEAK, but for everything, including her
     wonderful new colonial America series
Rick Riordan - For reintroducing us to the classic myths with thrills and humor
HUNGER GAMES trilogy - Suzanne Collins
MATCHED - Ally Condie
HOUSE OF NIGHT series - P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
     (Sorry, but I'm hooked.  Vampire soap opera, yes!)

This is the teeny-tip of the iceberg.



No comments:

Post a Comment